Friday, June 25, 2010

Distracted

I have been a negligent blogger.....again.

So much has happened in the last month, and so many times I would sit down to write about it only to be distracted.

Distracted by, oh, I don't know....say, the chicken pox....a toddler getting FOUR eye teeth all at once WHILE having the chicken pox....you know, little things like that! :) Not to mention the 'normal' day-to-day things like laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, playing with and enjoying our kids, spending time with and encouraging my husband.....'BIG' things like that.

Before you know it, months have just flown by.

I, like you, am a busy person. I, like you, enjoy my schedule and my routine. I, like you, dislike being unorganized. And I, hopefully unlike you, often forget PEOPLE in the midst of all of my organization. Distraction, to be honest, annoys me. (I know, I AM working on that!!) I like to do what needs to be done....do what is on my list....do what I have planned for the day....WITHOUT distraction.

I am trying, sometimes, successfully to SLOW DOWN....to not be annoyed with distraction - ESPECIALLY when that distraction comes in the form of the loved ones in my life. My children are only little ONCE....they will only desire me to hold them and rock them and read to them for SUCH a short time. I MUST put down my list....put MY plans on hold (as much as possible, of course!) and HAPPILY be distracted. :)

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Life is so busy with kids! Enjoy and I look forward to more blog entries soon! :)