Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday night

Tonight I am packing my Sunday School bag.
Laying out church clothes for the kids.
Bathing said kids....they spent the day on the river and they are extra sandy and dirty tonight.
Preparing food for our church picnic tomorrow.
.....and packing extra kleenex in my purse.
I am prepared to do MUCH crying tomorrow. I always do on the 4th of July. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for our country and for those who have fought, and are fighting for our freedom.
I will cry when we sing "God Bless America".
I will cry when we sing - and I really think about the words of "My Country Tis of Thee".
I will cry when I think of how good God has been in allowing me to be born in America.

God Bless America.....God shed His grace on Thee.
Have a wonderful 4th of July.





1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

It is a wonderful country we live in!!