Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sick

I am home from church today with our son who is sick. Poor thing. We tried to go to Sunday School, but ended up just bringing the poor kid home. Our family hates to miss church. My whole day has been off. I miss the preaching, the singing - the spirit of the church. (I am thankful for churches that have their services on-line for a time like this.) I also miss the social time of church - chatting with friends and encouraging and being encouraged.

I anxiously await my husband arriving home from church so I can hear all about the service. The funny thing is, my 'all about the service' and his 'all about the service' are NOT the same. He tells me "It went well. The crowd was great. The spirit was good." etc..... That is wonderful....BUT......who sang? What did they sing? What was Suzy-Q wearing? Did teenager A and teenager B sit together in church again? Who were the nursery workers? Did the ladies music group practice?

See how our minds work so differently?

Now, my wonderful husband does his best to answer all my nosy questions, but he certainly does not understand why in the world I even care about this stuff. :) My husband is the best. I am so thankful for him.

Did you have a good Sunday?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Tudor once taught a lesson at a ladies conference in Napa along these lines. She said women are like spaghetti and men are like waffles. We can think of many different things at one time whereas men are more compartamentalized thinking on one thing at a time. I think that's why we care about all those little things and they don't even notice!